Most of the blog readers are asking me to write a post on guest posting on top blogs.
So, here’s comes the post!
I want to (I really want to) make this post extremely useful for those who are struggling to get their guest posts featured on top blogs.
You can ask me, what’s my qualification to write this post? I’ll answer you in the same post (moreover it’s not the MEAT of this article, but I’ll answer)..
First off, why should you guest post on top blogs when the rejection rate is so high?
Most of the time, you’ll get a rejection from top blogs, but when you submit the same post to less authority blogs, they’ll publish even in the first attempt!
Because 99% of the blogs in the blogosphere are not worthy (meatless). They don’t stand out from the crowd, so they accept whatever you post!
But you can’t get your guest posts published on top blogs that easily by writing crappy content, can you?
Then how to write guest posts for the biggest blogs?
Here’s the guest blogging guide that you need…
Guest Posting On Top Blogs: Down-to-earth tips
[note]I had a problem on whether or not guest post on small blogs. I decided not to guest post on small blogs, now I’m totally focused on submitting my guest posts ONLY to the top blogs in my niche (few are already scheduled for the next two months).
But I don’t suggest you to do the same i.e. publishing your guest posts only on top blogs. If you’re just starting out with guest blogging, start with the small blogs!
Gain some experience. Then aim for the top blogs.
Okay I know submitting guest posts on small blogs can boost your search engine rankings for the desired keywords, more links etc. But it’s really not a smart move if you do that repeatedly (I’ll discuss what you really need)[/note]
Anyway, this post is explicitly written for guest posting on top blogs (no doubt, you need to work more hard to get featured on biggest blogs)
Guest posting on top blogs neither easy not impossible.
You need to do only two things to get your guest post featured on top blogs.
One is: What to do
Other: What not to do
If you know these two things, you’re on the way to get featured on top blogs.
I’ll discuss them on this blog post along with few other golden guest blogging secrets.
Are you ready?
Let’s get into the details..
What should you require to get your guest post accepted?
Before going into the details, I want to suggest you that, make a list of at least 3 to 5 top blogs in your niche.
And follow these tips..
- Follow their blog & read their blog posts
- Be a regular commenter on their blogs
- Get in touch with them through social media or emails
The above points are really important before you sending your guest post.
Top bloggers get tons of emails everyday. It becomes really hard to respond to your emails if they don’t know your name before.
If they’re aware of your name, it’s very easy for you to get a response from them. So, make sure you’re getting in touch with them, try to get to know them personally (if possible).
Guest Posting On Top Blogs: How to contact with the blog owner to send your guest post?
Don’t contact the blog owner by just sending your guest post title or pitch of the guest post (top bloggers are extremely busy people!).
Contact them only after you’re having a killer blog post for them.
And send a humbly (but not lousy) email like this..
Hello [top blogger name],
How are you doing?
My name is [your name] and I’m the author of [your blog name].
I’ve been reading your blog from several days now. And I really like the way you take care of your readers.
I know you’re a busy blogger and I don’t want to kill your precious time by writing a lousy email, so I’m directly coming to the point.
I want to guest post on your blog.
Title: [your post title]
Word count: [your post word count]
I think, this post will be extremely useful for your blog readers.
I’m attaching you the post in ‘html’ format here. [attach your post]
And I’m glad to know your response about publishing this guest post.
Thanks for reading,
[your blog’s name]
I don’t suggest you to copy the above email as it is to send it to the top blogger. Make few changes and add your own tone, but don’t try to brag.
Which topic should you choose to write on your guest post?
Any topic that is relevant to your targeted blog.
Here are few tips that you can use to write a relevant guest post
1. First off, read their guest post guidelines (mostly, they’ll share what topics you need to write about)
2. Read and analyze their recent posts (at least 10)
Reading their recent posts gives the clear idea of what to write and what not to.
3. Read and analyze their popular posts (at least 10 to 15)
This is extremely useful if you want to write for the top blogs in your niche. Go through their most popular posts once. You’ll find it easy if they’ve “most popular posts” section on their sidebar If they don’t contain this widget, then try to read the
4. Observe their writing style. Are they using complex words? Simple sentences or a mixture of both? (you should write accordingly)
5. Read their comments section (this is really important, but funnily most people don’t do this!)
I don’t read others content usually, but when I do, I make sure to read each and every point they say including the comments.
This is what something I personally suggest to anyone, if you read any article (anywhere) read the comments under that post. This gives you a clear idea about the article.
When you’re reading only the article, you’ll be hearing just the writer’s voice, but when you’re reading even their comments section, you’ll be listening to their audience voices too! This is what you need.
Finding their audience voice. They’ll clearly discuss their problems and few people share their expertise which you never heard before. This gives you the total idea on what to write.
Guest Posting On Top Blogs: How to write a guest post that won’t get rejected?
Few features of quality guest posts are
- Unique content (or unique way of writing)
- Killer title (this is what makes your post to stand out from others, so make sure you’ve a better one)
- Without any typos or grammar mistakes
- To the point
- Which suits exactly to their audience
- Which promises an outcome
If your guest post has the above features, then it gets less rejected on any blog.
What should you do after getting your guest post published?
- Write a follow up post saying thanks to the professional blogger by giving a link back to your guest post
- Tell your readers about your experiences or tell them why should they read your guest post
- Send a personal thank you email to the blog owner
- Promote your guest post like you publish yours
- Write a killer post on your blog too (this makes your new audience stick to your blog, so that you can tap few loyal audience to your blog)
What it takes to land on a top blog with your guest post?
Guest posting on top blogs: Few golden nuggets before sending your guest post to top blogs
- Never (EVER) send your guest posts to the top blogs without having few pillar articles on your own blog (have at least 4 to 5 extra ordinary articles)
- Remove all the clutter in your blog (make it easy to navigate)
- Get your blog ready to receive the boost in email subscriptions (place your email optin forms in the visible places)
- Giveaway something for free to grab your readers email addresses in return (like free reports, videos or eBooks)
Important note: Most of the traffic that you’ll receive from the top blogs lasts for 1 week to 10 days, so covert as many leads as possible into your email/rss subscribers.
- Don’t expect that your guest post will be published in your very first attempt (sometimes it even takes 5 to 10 trials to get your guest post featured on biggest blogs!)
- Make sure that you’ve written a guest post that REALLY matters to their blog readers (give your best of the best shot!)
- Ask the reasons why they’re not interested to publish your guest posts in a humble way (if they’re rejecting you every time)
- Don’t spam their email box by asking about your guest post repeatedly. Wait for the response from them (sometimes it takes even 5 to 7 days to respond to your email)
- Never hesitate to try ONE more time. Don’t get upset if they reject your guest posts (you can do two things: either you can send it to other blog or publish on your own blog, so your efforts will never go vanish)
- Never give up!
[alert]Your goal when publishing guest posts on top blogs should be: Not getting more traffic (you’ll get instant traffic till few days), but this shouldn’t be your goal!
What’s the use of getting instant traffic?
You’ll get more benefited when you convert that instant traffic into sales or subscribers. So make sure you’re trying to increase either your sales or subscribers when guest posting for top blogs.
This is really REALLY important.[/alert]
Do you have an extra tip on guest posting on top blogs?