The blogosphere is a busy place.. it’s really hard to get noticed.
It becomes even harder when you’re new to blogging with ZERO online reputation. Agree?
No one likes to read a blog that has NO VALUE and you can’t make decent income from blogging without knowing *few* things.
How about learning blog tips from the successful bloggers who are earning millions of dollars each and every year?
Here’s the interview with successful Internet marketer Neil Patel.
Without much ado..
Who Is Neil Patel?
Imagine a person who hasn’t taken a holiday in over 10 years. Neil is one of those bloggers you will find all over the blogosphere dropping Internet marketing and conversion rates on avid readers.
Besides a blogger, SEO expert and investor.. Neil Patel is a great marketer who is very smart in closing deals at great revenue ($120,000 to $240,000). His major sites are Quick Sprout and KissMetrics, which talk about IM and conversion rates.
By the age of 21 not only was he named a top 100 blogger by Technorati, but he was also one of the top influencers on the web according to the Wall Street Journal. He has also been recognized as a top 100 entrepreneur under the age of 30 by President Obama.
1. How do you prioritize your day Neil? Do you have any productivity tips for those who work from home?
I have an assistant who helps me out. Here is my daily schedule.
My biggest productivity tip is to respond to emails once you open them. Never open them and then respond later as it slows things down.
Takeaway: Start with the MITs (Most Important Tasks) first. Time management is all about your priorities in life. Don’t open social media sites first thing in the morning, they can easily kill your productive time. Neil Patel starts his day by doing some physical exercises which keep him fresh and fit through out the day.
2. What are the BEST moments of your blogging career? What’s your BIGGEST wish?
My best moments are always the ones where people say “thanks” or tell me how one of my blog posts has changed their life. My biggest wish is that I can continually help people for the rest of my life.
Takeaway: Do you think someone can succeed without the help of others? No, you can’t. Give generously, and you will benefit in kind, that’s how Neil became such a great emperor in blogging world.
“You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” Zig Ziglar said it best.
3. How do you find and solve customers’ problems? Do you have any specific tools?
There is no specific way or tool. More so it varies per problem. You just need to look for the most efficient and affordable way to solve a problem. Sometimes it’s easy to come up with solutions and other times it isn’t.
Takeaway: Solving your readers/customers problems is what makes you stand out from the crowd. Problems are part of life, if you want to become the BEST blogger in your niche, find and solve your readers’ problems.
4. How important is the “niche” for a successful blog?
Really important. Blogging has been around for years now and it’s difficult to pop up a generic blog like huffingtonpost.com and make it popular. You need to pick a niche as it’s easier to dominate.
Takeaway: I’m the firm believer of “niche blogging”, so I’m glad to see Neil back me on that belief. The smaller the audience, the stronger your standing. Instead of swimming in an ocean of sharks, sit in a kiddie pool by yourself – that’s how you’ll succeed in the crowded niche.
5. What are your tips to bring traffic to a new blog?
Funny enough, I just did a blog post that breaks this down.
Takeaway: When you have a new blog, all you need is: READERS, not traffic. No matter how much traffic you get to your blogs, it’s a waste of time if you don’t have loyal readership. Try to build a thriving community around your blogs to take your blogs to the next level.
6. What are the 3 blogs that you love most?
7. What is the secret of your online success, expressed in one word?
Takeaway: Neil Patel does not attribute his success to talent, but says its due to his energy. That’s what you need to take your blog to the next level – HARD WORK!
8. What are THREE tips that you could give to a novice blogger?
- Write really good content.. so good that people will want to share it and even link to it. When creating good content, make sure you also make it look really good by hiring a good designer.
- Always be consistent – the worse way reduce your traffic is by not blogging on a regular basis. Whatever your blogging schedule is, stick to it.
- Create evergreen content – write on topics that don’t get old after a few days, weeks, months or even years. If you write content that provides value even years from now, you’ll continue to generate traffic in the long run.
Takeaway: The success secret behind building a blog that matters is, “create content worth sharing and be consistent”
Embed this graphic on your own site
Copy and paste this code into your blog post or web page: