Strange title? Or something weird?
Recently I wrote a note somewhere – the best way to build a better blog is this: create content which helps your readers to build better blogs for themselves!
Nice quote right?
Hmm I’m glad that I never heard/read this quote anywhere else before, yeah it’s my own property
Similarly I tweaked the title little bit “write content worth reading”. Why should I write the same title again?
So I came up with this title:
Write something worth writing.
If your audience love to copy your writing style – you are succeeded!
If your readers are interested to take inspiration from your content – you are again succeeded. What else do you want?
Successful blog doesn’t mean it should make thousands of dollars every month. If you are happy with your readership and if you create content that adds value, then you can assume your blog as a success even if you don’t make a penny from your blog.
For many of us(especially new bloggers) create content in 2 ways.
1. By simply copying from others.
2. Or striving hard to create great content.
Obviously second category people will succeed in the long run. Only they can get loyal readership, authority, brand value etc.
First category people(copycats) can never survive in the blogosphere and soon they will fade out.
Where do you want to be? As an authority or fade out?
I hope you(specially my blog readers) will always like to become an authority. So whenever you want to create content for your blog, use the following tips.
How to write content that worth writing?
1. Have a unique writing style
2. Don’t post anything without proper research
3. Creating great content is not an art – anyone can create it
4. When you are out of ideas take a break
5. Don’t write when you are upset
6. Write as many posts as you can when you feel like writing
7. Set a blog posting frequency and stick with it
8. Use creative images but give credit if they are free!
9. Live a great life to create great content(negative thinkers can’t understand this)
10. Daily posting can lead to burn out, but if it’s okay with you then go ahead!
11. Read popular blogs(to learn how to write)
12. Read mediocre blogs(to know how not to write)
13. Think crazy! Start your introduction with a bang
14. Pruf reading, proaf reading, proof reading(I got it right in the 3rd attempt!) Proof read your content at least twice before you publish
15. Titles can kill your blog content if they are not killer!
16. Stay away from all the distractions while writing
17. Edit unnecessary words(make your post as short as possible)
18. Create curiosity from top to toe
19. Call your readers to action at the end of your posts
20. Use bold, itallic, underlines, colors, headings etc to make your post look appealing
21. Don’t edit while you are writing
22. Write as you talk
23. Write something that is interesting, unique, funny, crazy, entertaining
24. If you can’t create great content then entertain your readers just like me
25. Never strive for perfection. It may kill your credibility.
26. Write for people not for machines(easier said than done REALLY)
27. If content is king, good typography is his queen
28. Be humble. Treat your readers as friends.
29. Stop listening & start implementing
30. You say I’ll follow. I’m done now!
Want more tips?
P.S: I didn’t edit this post at all! The first ever post on this blog published without editing. I’m going crazy day by day right
Hmm I don’t consider blogging as a chore or job. Passion. Just passion.
Hey can you do a little favor for me?
If you like this post, please retweet or +1 this post. I will be really glad if you spread this post.
Over to you
How was your feeling while reading this?